Day 3 - tips for withdrawal?

I tried to give up last year. Actually went 38 days without smoking from jan 2023 to feb 2023. But then I relapsed and then wasted another year smoking almost daily. Now I’ve decided to quit again and cold turkeying it. Day 3 today. Anxiety is less but my mind has this complex type of feeling - I can’t explain it. it’s not pain but it’s irritating and stagnant. That and a bit of brain fog. Motivation to quit is high so I’m hanging in there but my body is tempting for it because I’ve been smoking continuously from the past 5 years (from age 17 to present age 23) . Any tips to deal better with the withdrawal. This is my 2nd time trying to quit so ig I’m better prepared for it.

1 Like

Withdrawal symptoms can be challenging, but staying motivated is key. Focus on healthy habits, stay hydrated, and consider activities that distract you from cravings. Reach out to support groups or friends who understand your journey.

You may also want to check out the day by day guide at Guide to Quitting Weed - Weedless.org for more tips.

Hi! I went through the exact same thing many times, and the only thing that has helped is supplements. I take magnesium to help with my appetite, and it improved instantly. I take N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine as well, and it helps with cravings. I take these in the morning, once a day, but when I first quit I took the N-A-C twice a day, once in the morning, and once during the day if cravings were strong. I also take melatonin at night to sleep (I recommend Sleep-3 brand), and practicing good sleep hygiene is so important. I have a nightly routine of finishing homework, turning my lights down to mood lighting, taking a shower, skincare, and then reading a book or watching a show until I fall asleep. I also recommend the Sleep With Me podcast if you have trouble sleeping, it’s like white noise but with words. It’s just a random train of thought in a podcast. Just remember that it gets easier by the day, and in a few weeks, you won’t even be thinking about it. I’m not a doctor by any means, but a quit coach recommended that I try supplements, and it has been life-changing. I went from smoking a gram of weed a day to cold turkey, and these tips made it almost a breeze. Today is day 50, and quitting has never felt better. I have never been this successful in quitting, and I believe in you!!! You can do it, just stay strong. I also recommend putting post-it notes in places that you see every day, such as your laptop, mirror, etc. with motivating things that remind you of why you’re quitting. Remember, slipping up doesn’t mean you’re back to square one. Take it day by day.