Quitting Weed, need some help

Hey there everyone. Stumbled through this website and was actually very surprised this wasn’t more of a popular idea. Anyway, I’ve quit for 2 whole days since. Completely cold turkey. I’ve been having edibles for the past 3 months or so, while taking the drug in various other ways in the past 3 or so years i’ve used it regularly and daily. I’m 21 years old, and I suffer from other mental health problems and I’ve used weed in tandem with anti-depressants to cope.

It’s been… challenging, to say the least. I live in a country where weed is readily accessible and I can quite literally not leave the house at all and have it delivered same day as I ordered it. This has been such a crutch for me, as it is so easy to just say “screw it, i’m gonna buy another weeks worth of weed, i’ll see if i wanna quit next week.” So I am really hoping writing about it to internet strangers will help.

I live with other people and they have no idea I use weed basically daily. They’ve essentially seen me high all the damn time for 2 and a half years. Its extremely depressing to think about, but quitting has to start somewhere. Right now all they know about my condition is that I may be experiencing food poisoning or stomach flu, as the symptoms I’ve witnessed are quite similar to those. I’m really hoping these symptoms subside soon though, as the constant feeling of nausea and wanting to vomit is debilitating and crippling. I find myself spending most of my time next to the toilet because I fear all the contents of my stomach will come up again. I’ve also experienced worse sleep, trouble staying asleep, and just restlessness in general. increase in depression and negative emotions are present too, but this pales in comparison to the physical symptoms at the moment. I’m sure the mental consequences will be much more prominent once the flu like symptoms subside. Hoping to make it a whole week and see where I am at by then.

But then again there is a the small chance that I really did get a stomach bug of some kind and all the symptoms Im feeling right now has nothing to with quitting.

For reference, for the past 60 days or so I’ve been taking 70 to upwards a 105 mg of thc every time. I have no clue if that is considered a high dosage or not.

3 Likes

Welcome Dev!!

Glad to see you here and congrats on taking the initiative to quit cold turkey. Staying off of weed for any amount of time (even two days) is a significant challenge in the beginning – especially when it’s been a part of your life for years and is so easily accessible.

Writing about your experience and sharing it with others, even if they’re internet strangers, can provide a supportive outlet. The act of articulating your struggles and progress will help you gain a sense of accountability and encourage you to stay committed to your goal! So please feel free to check in often.

Remember, it’s okay to have difficult moments during this journey. Celebrate each small victory and be patient with yourself when facing setbacks. You’re taking control of your well-being and making choices that align with your goals. If you find it tough at times, don’t hesitate to seek out additional support, whether it’s from friends, family, or a mental health professional. Keep pushing forward, and know that your efforts are inspiring others who might be on a similar path.

You’ve got this Dev!!

1 Like

Yeah honestly, even during these two days it’s been hectic. I’ve been getting cravings just to relieve me symptoms but I know once I get back to it the two days I’ve suffered would’ve been for naught. I just need to ride out the bad feelings right now. I’m sure future me would thank current me so much for taking that first step and enduring it.

2 Likes

You can do this! I was taking 60-80 mg edibles at a time, ended up in the ER with a major panic attack (never had one before) quit cold turkey and the first two weeks were hard. Force yourself to eat, even something small like a handful of nuts, saltine cracker, something. Stay hydrated. Force yourself to drink water and Gatorade. You can do it! :+1: You are going to feel so much better once you get over the hump.

3 Likes

Hi dev! Welcome to the forum! I also quit cold turkey after about 3 years of use. I don’t think I have the self-control to ween myself away, so cold turkey was my only option. It’s such a shock at first, but your body will get used to it. The first week was really a battle of mind over matter with the physical symptoms.

I’ve noticed some negative mental consequences in quitting that have since gone away. It’s important that you fill that hole with something that you enjoy doing. Maybe find a new hobby or get back into something you used to love to do. Learn a skill, hang out with friends and family, just stay busy. Week one was all about physical symptoms for me, but week two was probably more mentally challenging till I began to establish some sort of routine. My mental issues really became a thing of the past because I’ve had new and renewed interests in things other than weed.

I agree that this website and especially the forum has been of immense value. Like you, I live with people who have had no idea that I was high for basically the past 3 years. Aside from a handful of people, everyone would be shocked to find out. Me, wanting to keep it that way, was in desperate need of some sort of support system. If you ever feel like you have nobody to turn to, I highly encourage you to reach out to me or anyone else on the forum. We’re all more than happy to help!

1 Like

You might be suffering CHS!

I would not continue using any THC which will most l likely make everything worse!

Consult with a physician if your condition does not improve!

Only you can decide when to stop the insanity of abusing Weed
:pray::hugs::pray::hugs: