Just checking in with everyone, hope you are doing well🙏
I have been witness to a good friend (in his 60s) who was arrested for a DUI and because he did not take take this very serious situation seriously, it has gone from bad to so much worse☹️
And he still continues to use👀
His story is truly an example of being too brazen, to self centered, believing he had everything under his control, leading up to him totally messing up his life:
- 28 days in a detox, refused after care, boarded a train to return to his home state and immediately returned to using
- $30,000 in the hole and still bleeding money
- driver’s license suspended
- attending 12 hours court ordered safe driving course
- having to go for a second court ordered psych evaluation
- his friends and family have all turned away
- and so much more😡
His saga began last year with no end in sight!
It has been personally painful to witness his crumbling and I continue to talk with him regularly, but I too am running out of steam! What he had continued to treat as a big joke, is anything but☹️
Attempting to help him has been physiologically exhausting and ineffectual.
No one can help him now, including me😢
The big take away my brothers and sisters:pray: