A Quick Update! (Week Seven)

Hi again! Sorry I’ve been away! Sometimes life gets a little crazy. I’ve been so busy the last couple of weeks I could drop… But thank God for three day weekends!

I’ve yet to really read anything new posted, so will be catching up a little bit with you all, but have noticed some of you all asking how I’ve been doing. And I’m doing great, still going strong! I’ve been fully off of weed since July 23rd, 2003. It’s weird because that’s not exactly a long time, but at the same time it seems forever ago. Almost like that all happened in an entire different life. I really and truly feel like a different person. Lately, I’ve been so connected with the life that I’ve just begun living that I kind of forgot what it’s like being addicted. But it’s important that I don’t forget where I came from.

If you’re thinking of quitting or in the process of quitting, just be ready for some change. Don’t panic when these situations show up, it’s really just your body readjusting. For the most part all the “changes” have been mostly positive, with the only negative being that I’ve begun to reexperience migraines again and have had to relearn how to recognize what triggers them and how to manage them (without the use of weed of course!)

You may also experience some wake up calls. Weed masks a lot and being completely sober you’ll become aware of these issues. But take it a blessing because it’ll give you the opportunity to fix whatever issue it is.

OKAY, now for some sweet positives!

POSITIVE ONE: I am now a goal oriented machine. What used to overwhelm me to the point where I wouldn’t even try is no more. Productivity is basically cruising in overdrive. I’ve gotten so much shit taken care of the past couple of weeks and I couldn’t be happier.

POSITIVE TWO: I’m much more active! This could tie in with number one somewhat, but I’m not sitting in bed all the time or watching TV. You could say I’ve been getting my steps in lately. I’m going above and beyond with everything.

POSITIVE THREE: I’m a lot more sociable. I’m no longer declining on people to get high. Instead I’m wanting to hang out and do stuff. This ties into how hyper productive I’ve been. I used to use the “I can’t I have a lot of work” as an excuse not to hang out, but now I’m literally blasting through a lot of my work to make myself available to hang out now.

POSTIVE FOUR: I’m much more “present”. I no longer feel like I’m just there taking up space. But that I’m an active with everything that I’m a part of. I’m taking in moments now that would usually float by. I’m making memories that matter and that I’ll be able to remember for the rest of my life. This was one of the main reason I quit weed. I can’t tell you how happy I am now that I am able to not just talk about this, but actually live this.

POSITIVE FIVE: I’m hyper aware of everything. I’m picking up on so many little details in life and they’ve already begun to pay off with things like work and relationships.

POSITIVE SIX: I’ve saved hundred of dollars and probably days worth of time. I’d be curious to know the exact amount of dollars and hours I spent per month dedicated to weed, but I can safely say that my bank account is fatter and if I want to spend some of that I definitely have the time to do that.

POSITIVE SEVEN: Physical health is much better. Since being sober, I’ve had a couple of wake up calls for my health that I’ve begun to take care of. I’ve gained some much needed weight, my dental health is better, and I’m going to start “seriously” working out again!

POSITVE EIGHT: My mental health is much better. I don’t know how to word this, but I’m no longer really feeling anxiety or dread when it comes to day to day stuff or even some issues that pop up. Instead I’m meeting them head on and not really because I’m forced to, but because I want to. My mental acuity is sharp. I feel like I’m learning at an exponential rate, I’m not stuttering over my words, and I feel like I’m incredible smart and capable again. This ties into number one, but I forgot how hyper motivated I can get.

POSITIVE NINE: I feel accomplished. I’m came, I saw, I conquered. I’ve quit nicotine earlier this year (May through June) and now Weed/THC. These weren’t New Year’s Resolutions, but things I’ve wanted to quit for a very long time. If you have any reservations, just bite the bullet. Your life will literally suck for a few weeks, but it is 110% worth every bit of it.

POSITIVE TEN: I’m happy. I’m so happy I could cry!

I have so much more I could list, but I think an even ten is where I’ll leave it. I just really wanted to give you all an update and catch up with all of your journeys! I hope all of you are doing well and I wish everybody here the best of luck! Know that what you are doing is for the greater good, so stay strong and carry on!

5 Likes

So I’ve noticed there are a lot of new faces since I’ve last been on and I’m not gonna have the time tonight to say hello to everybody. This is just me saying hello! It’s really cool to see this community grow from where it was when I hopped on board. I find it so awesome every time someone new posts something as it means someone else has made the commitment to quit! Just know that your and everybody’s story on here can be the inspirational fuel needed for others in their own journey. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and really look forward to getting to read through all your posts!

3 Likes

Simply beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration and reminders.

2 Likes

Great stuff!!! I’m almost 6 weeks and feel exactly the same thing you described. Great work

2 Likes

It’s really is inspiring to here such positive vibes

1 Like

Thank you for your life changing share😀

Thank you were Paying It Forward🙌

So thrilled by how you have truly turned your life around. Wishing you so much more of the very same 10 reasons of why your life without Weed, has brought you so much positive​:pray::hugs::pray::hugs: