Day 22 feeling optimistic

Day 22 officially passing my self drug test all good, but still feel the negative side of getting clean. Sleep and anxiety is the kicker. Hard to fall asleep and hard to stay asleep. Feel like I sleep in 2 hour increments waking up with nightmares or vivid dreams + night sweats. Also waking up with anxiety everyday but slowly goes away.

Still having the weed brain fog “hangover” I thought would be gone by now. I’m excited to see what that feels like when it goes away and being more clear. The day to day is a lot easier I will say. Having cravings to smoke again, but I wouldn’t compare the craving as if I were to be addicted to ciggaretts or vaping.

Any tips of getting a full nights rest?

2 Likes

In my experience, you will just have to be patient! I’m 32 days clean now, and have finally begun to sleep through the night. I was waking up every couple of hours just like you, and I had some really vivid dreams. It took me 28 days until I slept properly…

One day at a time - you can do this!

1 Like

Hiya Max!!

Congrats on making it to Day 22 and passing your self drug test!

The sleep disruption you’re experiencing is quite common during the initial stages of detox. Your body is readjusting to functioning without THC, and this can lead to erratic sleep patterns, vivid dreams, and night sweats.

To improve your sleep, consider establishing a consistent sleep schedule by going to bed and waking up at the same time every day. Creating a relaxing bedtime routine, such as reading a book, having a chamomile tea, or taking a warm bath, can signal your body that it’s time to wind down. Regular exercise, mindfulness practices like deep breathing or meditation, can also help.

Be mindful of your caffeine intake and avoid large meals close to bedtime. Lastly, create a optimal sleep environment with a cool room and minimal light and noise (this is especially important for me!)

We have some other tips @ Can't Sleep Without Weed? Marijuana Withdrawal May Be to Blame - Weedless.org

Best wishes!!

2 Likes