I’m On Day 4! Here’s my experience

Hi everyone! First off, I am so happy that I have found this community. A friend recommended Weedless to me and I’m forever grateful. It has made me feel so great and not alone as I go through some withdrawal symptoms.

I started smoking in 2019 after it had become legal in Canada. I was very infrequent around that time and smoked a lot more during the pandemic, I’m sure like a lot of us here. In the past year and half I became more of a daily smoker. Usually only one joint during the evening to calm down. In the past 8 months or so I have become more frequent. Work became stressful and I work from home and alone during the day. Smoking in the morning, at lunch and a couple times in the evening became a habit.

Today I’m on day 4 of no smoking and so far I’ve mostly had stomach issues (diarrhea, rumbling tummy), no appetite, sweats. I was suspecting I would have trouble sleeping but I’ve been lucky to not have that. And my anxiety only lasted around a day or two so far. I’ve been in therapy for around 7 years so I’ve been applying any anxious thoughts with what I’ve learnt. I also just recently finished Atomic Habits by James Clear, and I found reading it around this time has been helpful as well to reshape some craving thoughts.

The hardest part was telling my partner, as they didn’t know how frequent I was smoking. But after a good cry session, everything is well. I’m hoping the stomach issues don’t last too long. I have a call with my doctor next week already scheduled so I will chat with him about it.

I just wanted to share my experience because I’ve been reading a lot of others here. Wonderful support! Thanks all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Brett,

It’s truly heartening to read your post and see the positive impact this community and Weedless have had on your journey.

Your experience with daily smoking becoming a habit is relatable to many, especially considering the stresses brought on by the pandemic. It’s commendable that you’re taking control and making these changes for your well-being. Every step forward, like being on day 4 of no smoking, is a victory in itself.

You’re not alone on this path, and your journey can be a beacon of hope for others. Keep taking care of yourself, and keep us updated on your progress!

You got this!!

1 Like

I’m on day 7!! I’m so happy I’ve made it this far. It’s been quite the journey so far I wont lie, but I know I’m better for it! I’m still experiencing the following symptoms: stomach problems (diarrhea, upset), sweating and unregulated body temperature (hot mainly), some nausea (mainly in the mornings). I’m sleeping through the nights and I don’t have too much anxiety though I already take an antidepressant so I believe that’s helping with my brain and it’s doing its job!

I’ve got this :clap:

1 Like

Currently on day 11! Woke up this morning with a weird sensation in my body and my stomach acting up again, which is odd because the last 3 days my stomach has been normal. I had a call with my doctor to make sure I’m doing everything right. He’s was great! Also had a call with my therapist Wednesday which was great as well. Still getting the sweats and mornings are the worst but strength is building up!

I ended up having half a joint on day 18. Made it pretty far. Work was so stressful and I just caved! A couple days later now I haven’t smoked but my stomach has started to act up again. Not sure if it’s related cause I had these symptoms when I first quit. I guess we will see how long it will last this time! Back to the couch in the sweats. It will be fine!

First of all, congratulations on making it 18 days! It’s completely normal to have moments of stress and temptation, especially when work gets tough. Remember, setbacks are a part of the journey, and what matters most is your commitment to getting back on track.

18 days is amazing! Relapses like this are common, so just keep on truckin!

1 Like