It Took A Long Time To Get To Where You Are Now

Weed is a very insidious substance. It literally gets into every cell of the human body and brain. And depending how long you used, how much you used, the strength of what you used, whether you were mixing strains (smokable and edibles) will have a direct correlation to the severity and duration of your withdrawal process.

Those of us who are truly addicted to Weed and depended upon it everyday, for that immediate gratification, find ourselves truly daunted by the fact that getting clean is a very slow, “slugfest”.

It took a long time (for some months and for others many many many years or most of our lifetime) to get to where you are now! It’s going to take a long time to get to where you want to be.

It isn’t any walk in the park, but I promise you, it is doable.

Before May 2, 2022 I could not put two days together and presently I am 432 days Weedless.

For me it was cold turkey, one day at a time! If I had any secret ale it, magic wand to make the process any easier, I would surely share it.

Get busy, distract yourself with things you enjoy, watch movies, read books (since retiring my Medical Marijuana Card, I have read 46 books) exercise, eat healthy foods, but most of all be kind to yourself and don’t expect, anticipate, over evaluate, Easy Does It!

Sending hugs and prayers to all who are on their own journey​:hugs::pray::hugs::pray:

10 Likes

Congratulations Stu on reaching 432 days without using weed! Your success serves as a testament to the fact that it is possible to break free from the grip of addiction. Remember to celebrate your achievements and be proud of the progress you’ve made. Keep up the excellent work, and continue embracing a healthy, weed-free lifestyle. Your determination and resilience are truly inspiring.

2 Likes

This post is super honest but inspiring at the same time. Yes, the process is not easy, but the rewards will certainly be worth it. Congrats!

2 Likes

Thanks for your post I’m 5 wks clean after 40 years of smoking daily my sick dreams and bad sleep is still happening depression is setting in any idea when it will fade

1 Like

It took a very very long time to get to where you are now and it is going to take a long time to reverse the impact of your use and abuse.

There is not set timeline for knowing when you will know what it truly feels like with your life without Weed.

True be told a solid 6 months, unless you are different that anyone else.

Just take it one day at a time, nothing is permanent!
:pray::hugs::pray::hugs:

1 Like

How are you feeling 40years? I’m struggling with anxiety and a little depression, took my first dose of zoloft today :crossed_fingers:

1 Like