My Timeline of Events: A Journey To Sobriety: Week 3

Click For Week One
Click For Week Two

Well, I’ve made it to the end of Week 3! In a way it seems like it has taken forever to get here, but at the same time it feels just like yesterday since I quit. It’s been quite the journey thus far.

Unlike the previous two posts on this topic, this will just be a summary of the week instead of the day to day. That’s simply because I’m pretty much symptom free now! I went from basically dying the first week and half, to getting it together the latter half of the second week, to now freedom! I say that with a bit of an asterisk which I’ll explain below, but I kind of had a hunch that I’d get through this quicker than the advertised four weeks. What I’ve experienced may not be what you’ll experience, our journey is unique to oneself and there are many different factors to consider. But I highly encourage you to stay the course as the benefits are well worth the struggle!

When I reach the end of Week Four I’m going to write a summary of my experience, one that’s focused more on what I did that really helped and what you can expect at the end of the road. Less on the symptoms and how I’m feeling. Plus, I think it’s incredibly important to focus on all of the positive changes you’ll experience. After all, that’s a big reason as to why we’re all doing this!

Okay, for the asterisk part. In the second week, I’ve noticed that I had a bit of a lingering sinus infection which is directly attributed to smoking. So, I’ve been on antibiotics (amoxicillin clavulanate,) for about a week now. One of the side effects is headaches.

Now, I’m not sure if I’m still feeling withdrawal symptoms, or if it was the extreme heat and the fact that I’ve been incredibly busy, or if its the antibiotics, but I’ve had a massive headache/migraine this weekend. To compound the problem, I took the usual 400mg of Motrin and a Sudafed to help, but instead it just made me feel sick. So much that I barely got out of bed Saturday and am now just beginning to feel back to normal. But, I was wiped clean of energy Saturday; upset stomach, headaches, a bit of brain fog and confusion. I like to think that that’s not the withdrawal symptoms, as both Amox and Sudafed have side effects similar to withdrawal symptoms. So while Monday through Friday were as normal as I could hope, Saturday reminded me what week one was like and today (Sunday) has been more like week two. But I did want to note that just in case I begin to experience anything unexpected in week four. For now, I’m blaming the medication as I’m feeling much better, but wish me luck!

I want to end off by saying thank you to everyone here in this amazing forum! You have all been such an inspiration to me! The beginning was incredibly challenging, but I’ve found comfort in this community either by reading and/or interacting with you all. I seriously don’t think I would’ve made it this far without you, so thank you so much!

I’ve thought about this some, but when my four weeks are up, I do plan on staying involved in this community. This is bigger than me and you never know when or by how much you’re actually helping others. I hope my story encourages you to push forward! Trust me, I’m nothing special, only human, you can totally do this too!

OK, Off to week four!

1 Like

Kudos to you on making it through week 3.

Not knowing what you’re using habits were, how much, how often, the strength of what you used, if you were mixing strains, smokable with edibles, your recovery from withdrawal was very quick. It certainly took me much longer to gain some normalcy (physically and emotionally) like 6 months.

Yes, everyone is different and I don’t want others to gain a false sense of hope, if their healing process takes much much longer.

With no judgement or criticism, for people who are addicts (such as myself) there really is no end of the road. It is a process and a lifestyle you have to remain committed to. Falling back into using again, is always just around the corner. If you take your eye off the ball​:eyes::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks for sharing and for motivating others to follow your lead​:pray::hugs::pray::hugs:

Thanks for the congrats!

I guess I never really stated that, but daily user after 6PM on weekdays, and pretty much all day on the weekend for 3.5 years. Started off vaping dry herb, but then switched mainly to Delta 8 (and other varieties of THC) carts midway through. Before I quit, I was using anywhere from 2ml to 3ml per week. The fact that I mainly vaped everything may be a contributing factor. But I also think it’s just my body’s physiology. Aside from migraines, never sick, and always a quick healer, etc. I quit a sixteen year nicotine habit earlier this year (dip and vape) and the timeline is very similar, like half the expected recovery time as well.

I definitely don’t want others to have a false sense of hope. I did have concern that this post could be read that way but didn’t want to make up or omit anything as someone else could also be experiencing a similar trajectory as mine. But yes, it should be highlighted that everybody’s journey is unique and there’s really no concrete or set timeline as everybody is different and reacts differently. I’m just stupid lucky tbh! So, if you’re reading this and your timeline doesn’t match up with mine, please don’t worry, as we’re all different! The main thing is that you continue to push and fight on.

I don’t plan on falling back into addiction, the withdrawal symptoms are reason enough for me to put an end to that chapter in my life. I definitely think that staying involved with this community will help keep me on right track!

1 Like

Congratulations once again on your achievements, and thank you for being open about your path. It’s true that everyone’s body reacts differently, and there isn’t a one-size-fits-all timeline for recovery. Your message is a valuable reminder that while success stories can be inspiring, they shouldn’t create unrealistic expectations.

Heavy marijuana users’ paths to recovery vary, and factors like weed use habits and personal circumstances play a significant role. Your humility in acknowledging the role of luck and genetics in your journey shows a genuine understanding of the complexity of weed use and recovery.

2 Likes

Great job :+1: keep it up!

1 Like

Checking in to see how you are doing BeeFree <3

1 Like

Also following with interest!