Stop Chasing The Elusive High

Life is short. When I was a kid, time felt like it just crawled along. My parents told me when I was quite young, “the older you get, the faster time goes”, and of course I had no idea of what tha meant, but, most assuredly (from my vantage point) now I do!

For all of the using and abusing I did (and not just with Weed) I am lucky to be alive, when too many I know are long gone☹️

Each of us is granted so much time, never knowing if today might be our very last day. I do not mean to sound fatalistic, “but no one here gets out alive” (Jim Morrison The Doors lead singer).

The beauty and blessing of the stage of life that I am living, is that I have a Birds Eye View from 70 trips around the sun. I hope that I have many more happy, healthy and Sober Ones🙏

If I could turn back my time:
I would have spent much less time chasing my next bowl, joint, my next very temporary high, finding more, lying and hiding less, being more present and less numb, actually experiencing life with clarity, being truly present for my family, appreciating the beauty of nature and the world in which we live, not planning my days, my life around my addiction!

I could go on and on, but, I guess you get the jest of my message🙏

I speak to everyone in our group who with good luck and being blessed with abundant health, have many more trips around the sun than I🙏

Live your life as if today were your last day, with clarity and unadulterated presence and stop wasting your time chasing, you know what​:pray::hugs::pray::hugs:

1 Like

Absolutely, wisdom coming through loud and clear! Your perspective from 70 trips around the sun is pure gold. It’s like life’s greatest hits album, with all the lessons and experiences bundled in. We’ve all had our share of chasing temporary highs, but it’s never too late to shift gears and savor the beauty of each moment.

:pray::hugs::pray::hugs: Glad what I shared struck a cord.