Withdrawal are killing me

31 yr old mother of 3. I started weed 5 years ago to manage my anxiety, started noticing my body was becoming dependent so I stopped cold turkey. I’m coming up on day 2 and I have been to the doctor, ER and had 3 panic attacks. I constantly feel like im dying. I already struggled with anxiety and now km anxious 24/7. I’ve lost 10 lbs already due to completely no appetite and im currently living off water and Ensure. Please tell me there a light at the end of the tunnel cause im about to loose it.

1 Like

Hi @Dnelson1008

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through such a challenging time right now!! Taking the step to quit weed and address your dependency is a significant decision, and it’s commendable that you’re seeking support. It’s not uncommon to experience withdrawal symptoms, especially given the role weed played in managing your anxiety.

Withdrawal symptoms can be intense, but they do tend to subside over time. Given how bad it sounds, you might consider reaching out to a mental health professional or a counselor who can provide additional support and coping strategies for managing anxiety.

In terms of physical symptoms like loss of appetite, it’s crucial to prioritize nourishment even if it feels challenging. Small, frequent meals and staying hydrated with water and nutritional supplements like Ensure, as you mentioned, can be helpful.

Remember, the journey toward recovery may have its ups and downs, but with time, support, and self-care, you will find that light at the end of the tunnel. Take things one step at a time, and celebrate each small victory along the way. You’ve got this, and brighter days are ahead!

Thanks so much. The loosing weight scares me but from reading that’s normal. I have enrolled into therapy that starts next week and I look forward to the positives that come from this.

It took you a very long time to get to where you are now.

Withdrawal is a beast, but it can be done.

There are no shortcuts or band aids, just one day at a time. I call it a Slugfest.

Exercise, keep busy and try not to focus on every horrible feeling, inability to sleep, crazy and vivid dreams. All of it is your brain and body trying to rid itself of that which literally got into every cell of your body.

I speak from a life of use and abuse. I am presently at over 470 days clean and sober. None of what you are experiencing is permanent. If you stick with it, it will get better. It took me a solid 6 months to really start experiencing what it meant to no longer get stoned!

Sending you hugs and prayers​:hugs::pray::hugs::pray:

1 Like